Tuesday 23 September 2008

Missing Title

The ear infection is back for the fourth time in five weeks, and this time it's both ears.

I could cry, I really could.

Oli's home. He told me a little about Nigeria, and I think I understand a little better why he was so depressed to be going there in the first place.

But he still seems to want me, which is a big plus. No declarations of undying love, but plenty of suggestions about places he wants to fuck me.

...somehow, that's romantic to me. With any other guy it wouldn't be, but...ehh. It's Oli. We have a strange romance.

I can't even exercise properly at the moment, because I'm so feverish from the stupid infections I drip sweat even from the stretches, before I get to the cardio or the weights. Yesterday I did 10 minutes on the crosstrainer and 15 on the treadmill - less than half of what I usually do happily - and I thought I was going to pass out. I hate fevers. I've had a temperature for more than a month now. It goes away for a few days, then returns with a vengeance. I thought I could exercise and sweat it out, the way I can usually do with a cold, but it hasn't worked.

*sigh*

I know I'm probably gonna have to go private, go see Mr. Pickles at BUPA, but he charges £100 a consultation - at least he did five or six years ago, it's probably more now - and I'd need probably three treatments to clear them out. I simply can't afford that. I guess I'm just gonna have to cope with earache for awhile, unless my GP manages to sort it out somehow. So far flucloxacillin hasn't worked, and the Otosporin ear drops work briefly, then it comes back. I don't know what they're going to try next. I'm open to just about any suggestions other than flumethasone.

Meh. I need food and a comfy bed and a back massage and lots of painkillers.

I'm sorry that I'm always moaning at the moment...I just don't have all that much good stuff to write about. The good stuff is stuff you've already heard about to the nth degree - Oli, the gym, etc. The rest of my life is just infections and not being able to find a new job.

It'll be better soon, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment