Wednesday 6 May 2009

Feelin' Nostalgic

- OPEN SCENE -

[A blonde and a brunette are sitting at a table in their college common room. There is plenty of activity around them, but both girls appear to be in their own little world.]

Brunette: So how much fat do you think's in these cookies?

Blonde: I don't know.

Brunette: Less than in a bar of chocolate?

Blonde: [thoughtfully] Prolly chocolate has less proportionally...but the cookie's smaller. Your average chocolate bar weighs what, 40 grams? Cookies are about 15-20 grams.

Brunette: I'm supposed to be on a diet.

Blonde: Why?

Brunette: I don't know, actually...Travi likes me like this.

Blonde: That's cool...he's a sweetie. [smiles]

Brunette: But I'm hungry.

Blonde: So get a cookie. If you want a cookie, get a cookie. You look great.

Brunette: And they have less fat than a chocolate bar?

Blonde: Yep.

Brunette: I could get a chocolate bar and eat half of it.

Blonde: You COULD...but would you?

Brunette: Yep.

Blonde: Wow...I wouldn't. I never eat just half a candy bar. My Mom does, but I don't...I always eat the whole thing. [looks glum]

Brunette: Yeah...actually, I can't either. I can't just eat one...I eat like three or four.

[Blonde laughs out loud.]

Brunette: You wanna share some chocolate?

Blonde: Sure. What do you want?

Brunette: I'll go see what's there.

[Brunette goes off to the vending machines, and then returns.]

Brunette: Munchies, Twix, Aero or Smarties. You wanna share some Munchies?

Blonde: Sounds good. Mmm...Munchies.

[Brunette goes and gets some Munchies.]

Blonde: How much? Here...have 20p.

Brunette: Nononononono...

Blonde: Yes! I owe you, like, sooo much lunch...you gave me money at Chiquitos, and at that club in Leicester Square.

Brunette: No I didn't.

Blonde: Yes, you did...you just don't remember 'cause you were drunk.

Brunette: If you're drunk, it doesn't count.

Blonde: Oh, so that's the rule now? [grins]

[Brunette cuts the packet of Munchies in half with her locker key.]

Brunette: Oh, Travi wants to meet us in Camden. He says he has a funny story about you.

Blonde: [looks confused] About me? Travi has a funny story about me? How? I never see him. How could he have a story about me?

Brunette: I don't know...he just has.

[Brunette eats a Munchie. Blonde puts one in her mouth and sucks all the chocolate off. Brunette eats another one. Blonde waves at a friend, who is standing in the line for the canteen. Brunette eats a third Munchie. Blonde pushes hers over to Brunette.]

Blonde: Eat a Munchie.

Brunette: You eat them.

Blonde: I'm on a diet.

Brunette: So? So am I.

[Blonde looks in surprise at a guy she knows, who wasn't in the first half of chemistry but just walked in the door. She eats another Munchie.]

Brunette: So what about Daniel?

Blonde: What about him?

Brunette: Where is he?

Blonde: I don't know...ill, I guess. Or skiving or something. I haven't talked to him for a while. Wasn't he here on Tuesday?

Brunette: No, he hasn't been around for weeks. We all figured you two were shacked up in a hotel room somewhere.

Blonde: Oh, please...you know I can't afford a hotel room. [giggles]

Blonde: Seriously, though, we're not like that. I don't know why nobody thinks that a guy and a girl can be friends.

[Brunette shrugs.]

Brunette: You just seem like more than friends. He has lots of friends, and he's different with you.

Blonde: Can we please drop the subject? He's just nice to me because he doesn't see me as a prospective date. I don't think he even realizes I'm a girl half the time. [pauses] Not that I care. I don't date.

Brunette: Of course you don't. [sticks her tongue out]

[Blonde playfully swats at Brunette's face with her chemistry folder. Brunette ducks. Nobody says anything for a moment, although they both laugh.]

Brunette: [after a few moments] So you think he's ill, huh?

Blonde: Must be. He told me he wasn't cutting any more classes. He wouldn't even come to Covent Garden with me a few weeks ago, and that was just I.T. Nobody goes to I.T.

[Both girls look glum.]

Brunette: So, you want a cookie?

- CLOSE SCENE -



I miss these days.


[All names have been changed.]

No comments:

Post a Comment