Thursday 22 October 2009

News - Week Starting 19th Oct

So sue me, I can't think of a better title than that. :P

School is going well. I still haven't bought any jeans to wear (and won't until I get rid of some of the fat off my belly - what's the point of buying jeans that I'll only be able to wear - hopefully - for a month or two?) but I'm dressing a bit more sharply. Less skirtage, more bling. Sneakers and a hoodie yesterday, although that wasn't my choice; I have blisters on my toes and it's too cold to wear suede or velvet and not cold enough to wear my long wool coat or my parka.

The weather is being crazy here. October isn't supposed to be this cold, but last year it snowed before Halloween - we usually don't get snow here until late December, or even January or February - and this year looks like it may well do the same. So my nice little autumn clothes are all useless, because I'm stuck in boots and sweatshirts. Bleh.

But anyway, yeah. Class is good. Hard, but good. We learned - allegedly - a lot of vocabulary last night, but I can't remember any of it yet, since I haven't had a chance to revise.

The campus is really great. Did I say that last week? Probably. And the guys are cute. (Sorry Lindsay, I guess we'll have to agree to differ on that point. I actually *like* the dodgy ones, LOL.) I love uni, and I love autumn, and I'm really having a great time. Everything is so full of life at the moment; there's so much promise in the air, and I'm really feeling exuberant about the season. (You can probably tell this by the overusage of semicolons. Normal people overuse exclamation points when they're excited, I overuse semicolons and hyphens.)

The nostalgia comes and goes. Yesterday I kept seeing people I thought I knew, and even though it never turned out to be them, the almost-sight of them brought me back. While I was waiting for the bus (the third bus of six that I took yesterday, I'm sorry to say) I saw a girl who looked so much like Sanjit that I had to do a double-take, and a triple, and a quadruple. She didn't have Sanjit's lovely curves, but the face was perfect. And then on the bus home from Hatfield, there was a guy whose body was the perfect double for Richard's. He even SMELLED like Richard, which is funny, because after six years I wouldn't have thought that I remembered what Richard smelled like, but it turns out that I do.

I'm back at the gym, although not heavily. The cardiologist gave me the OK, and that's enough for me, but Mom worries - I guess it's a mom thing - so I've promised to go easy. This means no 3-hour sessions, at least not for awhile. But any exercise is better than none, and it was nice to sit in the sauna and soak up the warmth; I've been cold for weeks. I met a guy in the sauna the other day, actually. It was a very strange encounter. You ever meet a person and you just know instinctively, Oh my Lord, I know this person. Not know as in, we've met before. KNOW, deep down. I'm not necessarily talking on a spiritual level...or maybe I am, I don't know. It's not something I can explain - it's not something I can even analyse properly, although not for lack of trying. But I saw him, and I thought he was cute, and the longer we sat there - even without talking much - the more and more I felt like I knew him well. He wasn't even my type, really. I guess he was good-looking, but he had the type of looks that aren't particularly striking or memorable. And yet I know I won't forget his face.

The best description I can give, really, is that he looked gentle. Sweet. Kind. And very smart. OK, so sweet and kind and smart IS my type, but I usually go for sweet and kind and smart when it comes wrapped up in pretty paper. What can I say, I haven't entirely grown up yet. :P

I forgot to ask his name, but I have this strange feeling that it might be David. Just one of those things that I know without knowing, I guess.

It wasn't until I got home and was thinking about him before I went to sleep that I remembered that sometimes I wake up with the name David on my lips, and I've never figured out why, because I don't know many Davids. David Clapworthy and David Airey from high school. David Fruin, my Mom's old friend. David Wolfe, from a book that I like. I can't think of any others, offhand.

Hum.

If any of you tell me I'm romanticizing again, I'll shoot you, because I'm really trying hard not to.

OK, I'm just about done with news. Nothing from Social Services. Nothing major health-wise to tell you. It's been a really good week, but I have a backache now from sitting at the computer for too long, so I'm going to go home. I have a chicken sandwich from Greggs, and Edgar Allen Poe's "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" from Waterstones, and I downloaded a couple of different versions of Pachelbel's Canon in D Major from iTunes, as well as "La Marais" from Jean-Philippe Rameau's "Pieces de Clavecin en Concerts" and a couple of Halloween songs (as a nod to the season), and I've ordered Poe's complete poems from Amazon, so I'm a very happy bunny. (Payday yesterday, can you tell?) So I'm going home to eat chicken and listen to music and take a bath and read Poe.

Enjoy your day, and week. :)

(G - I know you read these, so I'm adding a note here for you because for some reason I can't send notes to you or write on your wall, I have no idea why. Happy birthday! I tried to send you early birthday love last week, but your wall wouldn't accept my post, and then yesterday I couldn't get here because of class and a hospital appointment, and when I finally got here today I STILL couldn't get your wall to work, argh! Hope you had a great day, and here's a hug and a kiss from me, with lots of love being sent your way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment