Thursday 27 May 2010

The World Is Mocking Me

I went window-shopping today. Bought a dress. Is it still window-shopping if you buy a dress? Hmm, something else to add to the nearly-infinite list of things for me to wonder about. But anyway. Bought a dress. White, naturally. Went home. Took a bath. Put on my dress, because I wanted to try it on and see how much weight I need to lose around my stomach before it looks good, and because I didn't have any other clothes to hand and my robe's kind of see-through. Went downstairs. Took some yoghurt out of the fridge. As I was taking the yoghurt out, the entire yoghurt carton SHATTERED, for no apparent reason, and all the yoghurt went down the front of my new white dress.

So I no longer have a new dress. Best case scenario, I have a once-washed dress that will hopefully not have a giant fig yoghurt stain on it. Worst case scenario? The stain doesn't come out. Which would be pretty awful, because they didn't HAVE another dress in the shop, and I've wanted this one for a couple months, but never had the money to spare for something that I can't wear until I get rid of the spare tyre.

*sigh* You ever have those days when it just feels like the universe is laughing at you? It WOULD be a white dress, and it WOULD be fig yoghurt (figs stain badly), and honestly, when have you known a yoghurt pot to shatter in your hand? I'm not even talking about a crack, I'm talking about little tiny pieces.

*rolls eyes*

Aside from that, it was a pretty nice day. Actually, I've had a pretty nice week (following three hellish weeks, which is why I haven't written) and will try to update y'all on my life soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment