Wednesday 25 July 2012

Oh, What A Sticky Web We Weave

WARNING: This post contains semi-clothed pictures and references to sexual acts.

No life-changing news or pseudoprofundities for you at the moment, but I don't feel right abandoning the blog entirely, so I shall tell you a story.

So when I bought my iPhone, I lent my old phone to a friend - who shall remain nameless, so as not to incriminate her or land me in shit - because hers was on the blink and she had a couple months left till she was due an upgrade. It didn't occur to me to delete the data on it because - well - privacy is something I'm still learning.

So she's chatting with one of her guy friends (this is a girl who has several dozen male friends who are mostly platonic but not averse to flirting or sending naughty pics sometimes) and the boy asks her for a sexy picture. So she looks through the phone, and accidentally or otherwise sends him this picture of me:



(I should mention for anyone who doesn't know, I was raised in the Mediterranean and spent half my waking hours on topless and nude beaches, and worked as a life model and occasional underwear model in college. Nudity is not taboo in my immediate family. The chemise covers more of me than my bathing suit; the pose itself is a little risqué, but was actually just me experimenting to see if bending over could give me a waist. No biggie.)

Now, this could have been an honest mistake, since we're of a similar body type. I'm an inch or two taller, she's a bit bigger in the bust, a bit smaller in the waist and hip. (She also has a tattoo on her breast, but that could just be hiding, right?) Either way, honest mistake or not, she's expecting nothing more than some appreciative words.

But no. Instead, her guy friend says, "That's not you! I've seen that picture around on the Internet, on Facebook. I've cracked one off to that picture a few times. Why are you sending me photos of some random girl?"

So my friend goes on the offensive, as she often does: "ExCUSE me? That's my friend you're talking about. I'm borrowing her phone and got the photos mixed up. Are you telling me you've been masturbating to pictures of peeps on my friends list? What the hell is up with that?"

He gets embarrassed. Doesn't know what to say, bless him. She comes and shares the story with me a bit later, and although I should probably be annoyed, I find the whole thing totally, brilliantly hilarious. She did something silly, he did something pervy, and it backfired oh-so-sweetly leaving gloriously amusing carnage.

Do I care that some guy I've never met or talked to was wanking over a picture of me in a chemise? Not really. As long as people don't actually approach me - because I DO value my personal space - privacy of photos / blogs / thoughts (basically anything other than contact details) is not a big concern for me. Once photos are put on Facebook or dating sites, I consider them fair game. At least for, uh, personal use.

So that's the story behind the first (mildly) saucy photo I ever blogged or Facebooked. I can't guarantee that it's 100% true, but I've given it to you just as I heard it, and any embellishments were not made by me.

2 comments:

  1. A guy tries honesty and gets beat down for it..go figure !! =))

    One sunday morning when I was in a closed group on Facebook ..where btw you can pretty much post WHATEVER you want...in case you weren't aware..lol

    I posted a pic of umm shall we call it my "member" :-D I immediately got an IM from a friend in Canada on yahoo saying "wow that's a gutsy pic to post on your wall" :-/...lmao Turns out I thought I posted it in the closed group and I posted it on my regular wall briefly by mistake :))
    I'm an exhibitionist at times myself I was more embarrassed for anybody who had to see it lol

    Nice to see your rack again my dear...I missed it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I did feel kind of sorry for him, although not sorry enough to not giggle. I thought probably I'd meet him someday, and get to know him, and once I'd got to know him I could reassure him that I wasn't upset - alas, this was not the case. Hopefully he can laugh about it now.

      I snorted at your story. :D That's brilliant. And I'm sure most of your friends didn't mind seeing, at least the ladies! ;) Although I feel for any family members who may have been watching. That's my only real bug-a-boo with Facebook, and indeed with posting my blogs on Facebook - conservative family members. I never can quite tell what will upset them and what they'll laugh at. Most of them seem to have the idea that everything that goes on behind closed doors is fine but never, ever admit to it openly. *shakes head*

      Delete