Wednesday 3 March 2010

Places Aren't Haunted, People Are Haunted

For the moon never beams, without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise, but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling--my darling--my life and my bride,
In the sepulchre there by the sea--
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

- Edgar Allan Poe -


Shit. It's Julian. The guy I mentioned in the last note, the one I know but don't know how I know...he reminds me of Julian. Same eyes. Same arms. Same shape of the jaw, same way of pursing his lower lip when he's concentrating on something. After writing the note on context, I dreamed about the two of them, and they kept morphing into one another. I need to chat up the current guy, see what his last name is, and if he has any relatives who might overlap with the Hayes / Hausach family. *sigh* Or I could just go ask Marina or Juliet, but then I'd actually have to, you know, talk to them.

You can't see or hear me, but I'm cursing a blue streak in every language I know, and that's quite a few.

This is so unfair. Not only do I have my sleep disturbed at least two nights in seven - and sometimes more - by fricking DEAD PEOPLE, now I'm also finding live people who remind me of dead ones. I really don't know what's wrong with me - all I know is that for the last year or so, I've been preoccupied with death - more than usual, I mean - and it's driving me fucking nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment