Wednesday 27 June 2012

Brazil Nuts

Logic, Sati-style.

Some Guy: I want to come and see your work.

Sati: No.

SG: No?

Sati: No.

SG: Why not?

Sati: I like my privacy. My kids like their privacy.

SG: No you don't. You blog about everything.

Sati: Not anymore.

SG: I'm going to find out one day, you know. I have resources. Somewhere you'll have written some little detail that'll let me pin it down. Someone, somewhere, knows you.

Sati: If it's that important to you, have at it.

A week later...

SG: Shit.

Sati: Find out?

SG: You're like a ghost. [Space Ghoooost! Ahem.]

Sati: Thought not.

SG: I might hire a PI. What have you got to say about that?

Sati: If it makes you happy.

SG: Really?

Sati: If you find out, you find out.

The next day...

SG: I don't think you have a job at all.

Sati: Okay.

SG: Okay?

Sati: It's a valid theory.

SG: You probably sit home all day reading romance and watching Jeremy Kyle.

Sati: Now you're getting somewhere.

SG: What?

Sati: I do both those things.

SG: Why doesn't this bother you?

Sati: If you think I don't work, you're not going to go looking for it, are you?

SG: So you'd rather people think you've been lying for years about having a job than know where that job is.

Sati: Pretty much, yeah.

SG: ...

Sati: *raises eyebrows*

SG: You're weird.

Sati: Yes, I suppose so.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting encounter. I think some people say things simply to see what the reaction will be. I love that you didn't give him one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, this is absolutely one of those people. Funnily enough, he guards his own secrets militantly, even things that have no reason to be secret - he doesn't even like telling you where he gets his hair cut, or buys his shoes. It just annoys him when I do the same, because he has this image of me - as most people do, to be fair - as someone who's incapable of being anything but open.

    Most people don't get the fact that I live a mostly public life because I don't care enough to do otherwise; none of the things I choose to share are important enough to keep private. But it IS always a conscious choice - something that I believe escapes most of my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freakin' Capricorns. :))

    ReplyDelete