Wednesday 23 December 2009

Finally Understanding Why Hell is Portrayed as Fiery

Love swept in overnight and, like a bushfire, it has consumed me.

This is not a crush. I know crushes; I get them all the time. Crushes make me giggle and hug myself and sigh happily, lost in daydreams. This doesn't. This hurts.

A month ago, a week ago, he was just a guy. And now he's the only thing on my mind, and the reason I can't eat or sleep or think. A day ago I liked him, felt friendly and warm towards him, and today I can't speak his name without bringing tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat.

This doesn't happen to me. Not since I was 15. I don't know why it's happening to me now.

Nothing can happen. I know that as well as I know my own name.

All I can do is make a vow that he'll never, ever find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment