Sunday 30 January 2011

Open-Hearted

I owe you guys a post about Kidfos and bubblevishious, and you will get it. At some point. I'm still processing, mentally and emotionally.

I can tell you that it was a day of firsts for me, both the prosaic and the slightly more interesting.

Including, but not limited to:

~ I had my first Lebanese food. Which was neat. Some of it I liked, some of it I didn't. The lamb wasn't too bad (and since I took a chance on the lamb, does that mean I don't have to take a chance on anything else? LOL ) and the falafel and pitta things with halloumi cheese and olives were awesome. Ummmm...black olives. I <3 black olives.

By some miracle, the only thing I was allergic to was the agave nectar in the tea. And I mixed up agave and agape, LOL. "Agave love? Like, fermented cactus love?"

~ I took my first tentative steps into a goth / death-metal bar. Wearing a white cotton sundress with frills around the bottom and little purple flowers on, a white cardigan with fabric roses and pearl buttons, and a lilac pashmina. Do I know how to rock it or what?

;)

~ It was definitely the first - and I hope the last - time that I made comments about the absolute perfection of a pair of buttocks to a friend, only to find out an hour later that the owner of those buttocks is my friend's more-than-a-friend. Blush. Oh well, what can you do? I called that particular backside a work of art, and I'm sticking to that.

~ I'm sorry to say it was NOT the first time I've had a total meltdown when somebody tried to talk to me on the phone. It never fails to amaze me that I can deal with more or less everything life throws at me, and then a phone call sends me into a frozen panic. It was, however, the first time that I've scrunched my eyes tight shut while someone else holds the phone up to my ear, all the while saying, "Talk! Talk!" and then covered my face in my hands while my cheeks flamed bright red, and laughed until tears ran down my cheeks and my sides hurt. Double, triple, quadruple blush.

Luckily, nobody seemed to think that I was a complete idiot; instead Bubbles said, "That was so cute! Who should we call now? Shall we call X? Shall we call Y?" Please, no!

~ And after I unwillingly left to catch my train, it was not the first time that somebody tried to pickpocket me when I wasn't looking - but it WAS the first time that someone tried to steal my iPod out of my pocket, WHILE IT WAS PLUGGED INTO MY EARS.

=))

It was a glorious day and night. Every muscle in my body hurts now, and it was absolutely worth it. When my emotions are not so topsy-turvy, I'll write about it properly.

I really, really wish I could come to Vegas. I didn't realise it was happening so soon - I thought it was later in the year, and that I might get there. There are so many people I want to meet, and some of you are already so dear to me, even before meeting, that you're all I can think about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment