Thursday 3 February 2011

Shopping At 3am - Benevolent Powers Bless The Internet!

Curt is taking me out for dinner on Friday. I hope. It's my unbirthday* and he still has my Christmas present - as I still have his - and he said he really wants to see me. I expect we'll just go to Nandos or something - the days of invites to The Roof Garden and The Ivy are long past, since he's now a student again - but I was wondering if I needed to dress up. Y'know, just in case.

I decided probably not. Even though I found a lovely dress on sale on the Jane Norman website.

HOWEVER, today I saw a post on
TheRedheadinHeat's blog reminding us that Friday is National Wear Red Day - so I thought, providence. The universe wants me to have the dress. So I just hopped over there and bought it.

I don't buy off their site often, because their sizes tend to run small - and they only do up to a 16 (a US 12) which is really more like a 14 (10), and I worry about things not fitting. I was planning to run into the store in Bond Street or Covent Garden last Friday, before meeting in the cafe, but then I started running late and didn't get the chance.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it fits, and that it isn't horribly short!



So thank you, dear Redhead, for helping me make the discovery that it's possible to do something nice and look fabulous at the same time. :D

And on a more serious note, I strongly suggest that women who are reading this read up on the possible signs of an impending heart attack. They vary a lot from in men, and far too many women lose their lives because there simply isn't enough information put out there where everyone can see.

* When I say my unbirthday, what I mean is that it's my birthday (Feb 3rd - Thursday) but this year I've decided to postpone it until May 3rd (or possibly June 3rd) due to ill health and general mental unavailability. I will not be accepting cards or presents or well-wishes until May or June, to the utter disgust of my friends and family, and anyone (aside from Curt) who so much as says Happy Birthday to me this month will be treated to the view of my sizeable ass as I bury my head in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment