Saturday 21 May 2011

England Is Still Here...I Repeat, England Is Still Here

Full of alien creatures whose behaviors I cannot understand, but still here.

Although the last few weeks have been strange enough for me to wonder if something's up with those prophecies after all. ;)

Signs that the world may be coming to an end:

1 ) I actually bought something in Primark. This only happens once in a blue moon, since I don't really like Primark. I'm more of a Jane Norman / Calvin Klein / Tommy Hilfiger person - or at least a New Look / H&M person - but I couldn't resist £9, 100% cotton sundresses. You know how hard it is to find 100% cotton anything?

2 ) After many years of running small, Primark's sizes now run big, and the size 16 dresses - US 12 - are considerably too large. I should have bought the 14s, but they were too small up top. I guess not everything changes.

3 ) I've been ordering new dishes from the Indian takeaway. Normally I am not inventive when it comes to restaurant food - home cooking, sure, but I eat out (or takeaway) seldom enough that I usually stick to things I know that I like, and am not allergic to. But I missed the college days when Sanjeeta and Ivy and I would go to new places all the time, so I experimented. And it was good.

4 ) I found a gorgeous pair of cream satin pointy-toed shoes...and THEY WERE IN MY SIZE. I'm always finding and coveting shoes like this, and they're always a size 4, whereas I wear a 7-8 in heels.



No comments:

Post a Comment