Saturday 21 June 2008

And Now I'm Asleep - Just About

I had a rare day off today. And by day off, I mean nothing. No work. No business meetings. No people I had to visit for whatever reason. No chores to be done in town. No things that just had to be done immediately for my mother. Nobody having a crisis that needed taking care of. My best high school friend was supposed to be driving down from Bristol tonight to stay over, but her car needs fixing and she won't be able to get here until tomorrow or the next day, so I didn't even have that on my list.

My reaction? I slept. A lot. I think I went to bed last night at 2ish, worn out from the afternoon with J., and slept until 3 this afternoon. I sleep that much maybe once a month - the rest of the time I'm lucky if I get 7 hours.

(Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who needs 10, which is probably one reason I've been so cranky recently.)

I ate a chocolate Feast. (For non-UK readers, that's chocolate ice cream, over a hard chocolate center, with chocolate coating and biscuity bits, all on a stick.) I watched a lot of ice skating (YouTube is a gift) - first Marina Anissina and Gwendal Peizerat performing to the "Man in the Iron Mask" music at 1999 Worlds (I remember watching the thing live, and absolutely screeching in horror when Krylova-Ovsiannikov narrowly won with that African-drum routine that may have been technically perfect but had no soul whatsoever, IMO ) then about ten videos of Alexei Yagudin from various years. (Am I the only one who thinks Yagudin lost a bit of his spark towards the end? In SLC 2002, he landed every jump but none of it was spectacular, and he didn't seem to enjoy it the way he used to. Mind you, he was probably in quite a lot of pain at that point, since he needed a hip operation not long after that, I think.) I read a lot. I ate some potato salad and a Mars bar. I watched Criminal Minds, then 8 Out Of 10 Cats, then Alex's interview with Davina and the arrival of the new BB housemate.

Now it's late, and I'm heading to bed. Well, actually I'm lying on my bed, since I hardly ever use my computer anywhere else. But since I'm falling asleep, I'm gonna forget about posting anything of value, and turn the computer off and play Urbz. Even though I had a ridiculously lazy day, I'm shattered, probably still from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment