Thursday 5 June 2008

First Post, and Not A Whole Lot To Say

Over the years, I've gotten pretty into keeping a journal. I've had a private, paper one since 1996. I kept one on Bolt for five or six years before it shut down, one on my college website for a little over a year, and I often post notes on facebook or entries on my msn space. (No, I'm not giving out the address - I'm here for anonymity.)

But I have to say, an adult sex site is probably the weirdest place I've ever decided to keep a blog.

Most of my journals and blogs have contained a mixture of things: general thoughts, questionnaires, rants on things that annoy me, reviews for books and movies and music, responses to things I read in the news, recipes that I recommend to people (particularly around Christmas) and so on and so forth. But I'm not really sure what to write here; none of those things seem terribly appropriate given where we are. I started this blog with the intention of using it to give general responses to people who've messaged me when I'm too busy - or otherwise unable - to reply personally. But that was before I realised that blog entries don't just show up on your profile, they're also featured on a separate blog page. And I don't think the world - or even the part of the world that's on this site - is interested in reading my apologies.

So I'm not entirely sure what to post. Questionnaires are always a good start, since you get to impart a whole lot of information, so if anyone has some interesting ones I'd be grateful if you'd mail them to me, and I'll put a couple up here as a starting point. Otherwise, I'll just write whatever takes my fancy, whether or not it's sexual in nature, and worry about the appropriateness later.

No comments:

Post a Comment