Sunday 17 August 2008

If It Ain't One Thing...

...it's another, no?

My brother's wedding was today. A lovely day, except that I have an ear infection. A really nasty ear infection. I get them like clockwork every August (I don't know if it's the heat or bugs or what...they come even when I don't swim) but this is the worst one I can remember having, and that includes the time I picked up pseudomonas in Greece. Doc started me on eardrops yesterday, but it seems to be getting worse. I'm hoping and praying I don't have to call out the emergency doctor tomorrow, since they're a nightmare to find on a Sunday.

I'd like to tell you about the wedding, but the pain (it's quite excruciating, really, and most pain I can usually deal with) has kept me up the last two nights, I've had 4 hours sleep in the last 64, and tonight - against my better judgement - I've actually doped myself up with the valium that Dr. Williams gave me a couple of years ago for PTSD, just to get some shut-eye. And if this doesn't work, I'm either going to go completely nuts, or call the out-of-hours service tomorrow and beg for painkillers and different antibiotics.

*sigh* Whatever problems I have, they always seem to come in clusters. In church today the vicar was saying something about how God never gives you more than you can handle, but sometimes I think he - or the universe, or who / whatever - is enjoying pushing me right to the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment