Friday 17 September 2010

Toys, Objects And Masturbation

WARNING: This post contains sexual references.

It's rare for me to make a post that's particularly sexually explicit, but it's 7.30 am, and I haven't slept, and perhaps my inhibitions are a little lower than usual. Plus, this is a subject that's always fascinated me.

I have a particularly beautiful piece of blue calcite that I bought a couple weeks ago. It's about the size of a golf ball, except the sides are flattish and vaguely triangular, although it keeps the rounded edges. (If I were asked what the shape resembles, I'd say a lung, but that's just my scientist's brain at work.) It's a lovely stone, palest blue with white striations in, and no matter how long you hold it in your hand (or other places) it always remains cool. For the last twenty minutes, I've been running it over my body: over my stomach and arms, down my neck and throat, around my nipples. The coolness and the smoothness is delicious, especially on a morning like this when my skin feels too tight.

And of course, as I rub it over my body I can't help wondering what it would feel like inside.

Oh sure, I know the health "rules" about putting things inside your body that you shouldn't. But how many of us abide by them to the letter? How many of us have used things to pleasure ourselves that were not quite made for those purposes? How many of us have used food, or candles, or a hairbrush handle, or anything else that came to hand?

In this age of sexual freedom, there are so many toys that are made expressly for sex play, it's almost senseless to use anything else. Yet I feel there's something deliciously naughty about the thought of using everyday objects to pleasure yourself. It makes me feel like I'm back in the olden days, back before vibrators and weighted balls and love eggs, experiencing - or at least thinking about - the same things that our ancestors thought. Because many of them did think it, you know. Not all women (or even men) from ages before ours were as repressed as the history books would have you believe. Certainly my ancestors weren't - I remember one story from my maternal grandmother, about how she used a taper candle to masturbate one day when my grandfather and the kids were out, and then accidentally mixed it in with the candles for the dinner table. When my grandfather lit the candles, he sniffed the air curiously, and then looked at my grandmother and smiled, because he knew exactly what she'd been doing.

Most of the women here - and perhaps the men - will have at least one toy made expressly for sex. Personally, I have a couple of vibrators - one large, one small - and I want a Rabbit as soon as I can afford it. (My last one broke a couple years ago.) Plus a set of weighted balls for Kegels exercises. And even with those couple of things, I think I'm fairly conservative compared to the average woman on here. But I do wonder how many of you have ever used a household item - or even thought about using one.


So, thought about it? Done it?

What have you used / thought about using? Fruit and veggies? Shower head in the bath? Something else entirely?

Do you consider it objectophilia to be occasionally aroused by inanimate objects, if it's not all the time? Or is it just another chapter in a healthy sex life?

No comments:

Post a Comment