Tuesday 21 September 2010

Who's On Your List?

I know a couple of people have done this, and plenty more make regular pimps of blogs and posts, but I thought I'd give you a one-time post of my whole watched list. Because a) I'm too absent-minded to make a weekly pimp post and b) it always annoys me that I can't see who people I watch are watching. Because I like to be the supreme watcher, who sees all. *laughs*

So here you go. My watch list is separated into two sets: people who post (either frequently or occasionally) and people who haven't posted in forever, but I did enjoy reading back when they did.

Oh, and this list is in the order it appears on my page, meaning the blogs I've read most recently first. Which generally means they're active.

Last blog I checked out was the lovely
Sasha_Hampshire, who I've been happy to discover in the last couple weeks (due to a pimp on a different blog, so these things DO work!) Plenty of amusing anecdotes about love and life, a couple of debates and a handful of lists of interesting facts (I have a passion for Sasha's lists, hehehe).

Next up is
LadyUnlaced, who I've been reading for most of this year, and boy has it been an eventful year! LadyU is one of the most prolific bloggers I've seen, and posts several times a day, so if you're going for quantity (in addition to superb quality) she's one you want to be reading. She's also everyone's favourite (super-organized) librarian, so she's great about collecting interesting posts and directing you to them. If you're new to blogland, or haven't been on here much, or don't know what you like, this is the blog to start with - I guarantee you you'll find another dozen interesting bloggers just by stopping in.

Third on my most-recent list is the absolutely delicious
ThomBombadil, someone who I only discovered 24 hours ago, but am already a dedicated fan of. Some general news posts, plenty of essays and debates (whoo, debate gets me hot) and a bit of soul searching to boot. What more could a girl want?

Then we have the spectacular
calmlys, definitely (or at least IMO ) one of the most interesting male bloggers on the site. This one has the slightly annoying habit of deleting all his posts and starting fresh every year - so read him quick, before they all vanish forever! - but we'll forgive him since he's a dear friend of mine, and he's just so darn GOOD. This year's blog is mostly dedicated to kink, but don't be put off by that - he makes the subject interesting and accessible, and I think we can all learn a lot.

The next one is the beautiful
Cozy_Red, another recent discovery of mine (I see these people around on other people's blogs all the time, but it takes me FOREVER to actually check out their blog) who I'm enjoying very much. Lots of life updates which Cozy usually manages to turn into a question for us to answer, prompting us all to share our own experiences, which is usually fun, often a learning experience, and always interesting.

Moving along, we have the lovely
InnerPeace07, who has sadly slowed down her posting schedule a lot, due to personal circumstances, but is still a great read, and has a huge backstore of posts to keep you happy. InnerPeace is one of those bloggers who really seems to put her feelings out there, so reading her can be a very emotional (and usually uplifting) experience. Her life updates are always delightful, and her frequent polls are really fun to answer - let's hope she gets them up and running again soon!

Next up is
Wordsmith2004, a spectacularly funny mix of actor, poet and comedian, whose blog posts always have me in fits of laughter. Light and airy, usually without seriousness, Wordy's blog is without fail a happy experience. As addictive and comforting as your favourite snack food, without the health concerns that it might carry. Don't forget to spank his adorable ass before you leave.

Our next blogger is the very tasty
evil_lolita, yet ANOTHER recent discovery for me, and I haven't got as far into her blog yet as I'd like. What I have seen, though, is a delightful blend of deep-thinking, cynicism and biting wit. I need to set aside some time soon to try and read at least a bit of her back catalogue, since she has a LOT of posts to keep you interested!

When I want a man's perspective on things, there's no better blogger than
BlackProfessor, who's always ready, willing and very able to tell it how he sees it. Super-smart, often very funny and completely lacking in BS, the Prof is a must-read for any woman who's wondered what men think about. A lot of guys will enjoy his blog, too.

One of the first bloggers on my watchlist when I joined the site, and the only one who still posts today, is the gorgeous
drunkat, a yummy mix of sexpot and geek who's always happy to give his unique (and frequently hilarious) perspective on things. Of all the blogs on my watchlist, this is one of the ones that most makes my eyes light up when I see a new post by his name.

And last, but by no means least, we have
templar_s, who I've been reading for a couple years. He seems to comment more than he posts on his own blog these days, but when he does post it's always stuff that makes me think. Seeing things from his viewpoint is always an intriguing experience, and I feel like I learn quite a bit about myself (and others) from reading him - he has the knack of nudging you towards introspection without you realizing he's doing it.

There you have it, my golden list. These are the ones who post - at some point in the future, I'll give you a list of the ones who are dormant, although as none of them have posted in a couple months I don't think there's much of a hurry.

Hope you enjoyed, and feel free to share your own with me! I'm always on the lookout for new reading, especially now that I have reliable internet service!

No comments:

Post a Comment