Saturday 16 January 2010

Argh - This Flippin' Site!

I'm just sort of sitting here, waiting to see when AFF will allow me to view profiles again. Right now, I can't see ANY profiles, not even my friends, or any photos or albums or videos. I can't go in chat, or look at the magazine or groups sections. All I can do is send messages (to whom? How do I know if I want to message someone if I can't view their profile?) and post blogs, and occasionally read them, although even THAT sometimes brings up the payment page.

Obviously people can read MY profile, though, because I've gotten several messages today saying so.

Not quite sure what's going on...AFF has a lot of rules, and they seem to be different for each member. I wish that they'd set them out straight, tell us that if you do have the standard membership you can do X and Y, if you have the silver you can do X, Y and Z, and if you have the gold you you can do everything. But there are gold members who still can't see my profile, and standard members who can, and some of us can email and some of us can't, and the whole thing's very confusing. I'm not sure even AFF knows what the rules are.

I also wish that they'd let you pay for a membership monthly. I could MAYBE afford a monthly fee, but there's no way I can pay a lump sum.

*sigh*

If I'm not on here much, you'll know why. It's frustrating to get invitations from people to meet up, and not be able to find out anything about them. More than that, it's kind of unsafe. A person should be able to screen people before she commits to a date, or even a conversation. Otherwise you have no idea if you're ending up with a nice guy or a crazy person.

Egh. And I had such good intentions to use this site more, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment