Monday 25 January 2010

Whoohoo. And That's Not Entirely Sarcastic, Either.

I have a bed. An actual, sleepable-in bed. I have a bed at the cost of four hours of sweaty hard labor, three broken fingernails, two quite badly twisted wrists and a back that's so sore I can barely walk, but I do have a bed. And I have to say, it is a beautiful bed. It's ivory-coloured with brass knobs (finials, apparently) and the things where the crossbars meet the vertical bars, that I thought were just balls, actually turned out to be seashells so I feel a little bit like I'm Aphrodite. Without the spectacular beauty, but who needs that anyway? :P

I also have a wonderfully firm mattress, two soft, luxuriously fluffy anti-allergy pillows, and a duvet. Not an anti-allergy one, because the only anti-allergy duvets I could find at this time of year are 13.5 tog, whereas I have discovered that I'm most comfortable with a 4.5 tog, or very rarely a 9.0, if it's really cold outside.

All in all, I feel like a princess. Everything is comfortable and feels totally opulent. Of course, I am three feet higher than I was, and part of the time I feel like the ceiling is about to fall on me, but you can't have everything, right?

So yes, I'm happy. I am, however, running on four hours of sleep in the last thirty-six, so that tempers my jubiliation a little, as does the aforementioned trouble moving.

(You may have noticed that when I'm tired, my lexical choices tend to either get quite formal, or go completely to hell. Bleh.)

Anyway, I'm going to now go to sleep on my nice princess bed, and dream some nice dreams about semi-naked hunky superheroes, and save the world with Wentworth Miller. Always fun.

Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment