Saturday 10 April 2010

Getting Older :D

You know you're getting older when you can no longer keep up to date on street slang. Even though I look like your typical suburban princess, I always sort of automatically knew what things meant. More and more these days, though, I find myself thinking WTF when I hear a new word.

Which brings me to today's funny story.

One word that's been circulating at work for a couple months (maybe more, but I noticed it only recently) is "peng". Apparently this means attractive. The first time one of my boys said this to me, I thought he said "ping", and I said, unthinkingly, "Oh, like the duck".

Of course, my boys are in their teens, and none of them ever read the Ping the Duck books when they were kids. So THEY thought that *I* was saying that "duck" was also a word for physically attractive. :D

And just a couple days ago, I heard a guy at the center say, "That girl is duck, brah."

*cracks up laughing*

Well, I always wanted to leave a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment