Friday 22 April 2011

St George's Day - Pimping The Best Of British

I am the worst Brit ever - I know NOTHING about St. George except that he was a hero who supposedly slayed a dragon - but I thought that since it's our national day today, I'd make a brief return to pimp some of my favorite British bloggers. And yes, I know St. George's Day is for English, not British, but I don't read a lot of Brits, so you gotta cut me some slack here, OK?

Before the post starts for real, I thought I'd steal a leaf from the Kid's book, and give you some English music to play. Pick your playlist - or pick and choose from any of them, I don't care - and YouTube it, then listen while you read. I would recommend opening this post in a second window, since I've got several blog links in here.

Of course, you can skip this part if you really want to, although I think a little theme music is nice, ja?

The Grimes:

Kano feat. Mike Skinner & Leo the Lion - Nite Nite
Wiley & The England 10 - She Likes To
Random Impulse - Overload
Dizzee Rascal - Do It
Bashy - Blackboys
Ironik - Stay With Me
Skepta - Rescue Me
Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
Aggro Santos feat. The Marvell Boys - Rhythm 'n' Flow
Tinchy Stryder - Stryderman

The Pops / R & Bs:

Daniel Merriweather - Red
Darren B - Shorty's Got It Bad
Lemar - Someone Should Tell You
Big Brovaz - Baby Boy
Sugababes - Freak Like Me
Lily Allen - Not Fair
Damage - Love To Love
Alexandra Burke - Broken Heels
JLS - Love You More
Leona Lewis - Better In Time

The Alternatives / Rocks:

Oasis - The Master Plan
Suede - Trash
Lightning Seeds - Pure
Mummy Calls - Beauty Has Her Way
Pulp - Sorted for Es and Wizz
Nick Stephenson - Innocent Dream
Travis - Driftwood
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Blur - The Universal
Manic Street Preachers - The Everlasting (Yeah, they're Welsh, suck it up)

The "WTF, Sati, that doesn't fit into any category!"s:

David Bowie - Space Oddity
Elton John - Your Song
Madness - It Must Be Love
Mike & The Mechanics - Over My Shoulder
Charlie Brown - Dependency
Space - Female of the Species
David Gray - Babylon
Adele - Someone Like You
Paloma Faith - New York
Kate Bush - Running Up The Hill

OK, now onto the REAL list.

First up? Naturally, it has to be
Kidfos. What can I say about the Kid? Well, I could tell you the things that HE would tell you, or the things that you've probably worked out for yourself - like he's smart, hilariously funny, good-looking, sarcastic, a little bit nihilistic, a little bit misanthropic, and a total pervert.

Or I could tell you the things that may not come across when he's blogging, but that are all too obvious in person and in email. Like, he's kind. When I met him in January he welcomed me with open arms the same way he welcomed everyone's favorite Bubbles, even though I pretty much forced myself on them. I could tell you he's patient - when I kept asking him if he was comfortable, he didn't hit me round the head with his (totally rocking) pimp daddy cane, the way my mother would have. Actually, the way *I* would have. I could tell you that he's less of a misanthrope than he would have you believe - he certainly manages to tolerate me, even with my fluffiness.

He has a shirt with The Hoff that is just this side of icy-cool. He managed to infect even cautious, unspontaneous me with enough excitement to try out a completely unknown restaurant, and enjoy it. He calls me Bambi, which makes me feel all happy inside. Those three things alone, without all the other good stuff, would be enough for me.

I would tell you that I absolutely love Kid, but then he'd snarl at me and say not to use that word around him, and I'd have to pat him on the head and tell him not to take it personally, I also love rice and clean sheets and the smell of Nivea sun lotion.

And don't worry, ladies - any l-word I have for the Kid is platonic, you're all still in with a chance.

Next on my list, I want to shout out to my girl
Babylonian_. I adore this woman more than words can say, even when you're a chatterbox like me. People may visit her in the beginning for her smokin' hot pictures and provocative titles, but they stay because she's a phenomenal writer with an innate ability to get to the heart of an issue. Every time I visit Babs' blog I want to start singing Johnny Cash, because she manages to walk a really fine line in a lot of her posts - she's unafraid to state her opinions, but is also willing to take on board other people's views; she has fire and passion but also a cool enough head to see multiple sides of a story - which is a really tricky thing to do. She's got a lot of compassion for people, and will also totally flame you if you act like a douchebag. She's totally cool, and endearingly geeky. She's very smart (although she'll tell you she's not) and happy to act silly.

I have a total girl-crush on you, Babs, just so you know.

For shits and giggles - although that's probably a really bad way of putting it, LOL - you should go visit
Mygentlecaress. Wince in pain at hideous penile modifications, laugh till you cry at idiotic signs and crap tats, and debate the pressing questions in the news today, such as, "Who was better, Kirk or Picard?" or "Who would win in a street brawl, Muppets or Sesame Street?" One of MGCs commenters will solve world hunger or find a cure for AIDS one day, mark my words.

Someone I enjoy reading a great deal is
hotdreamer1000. Dreamer's blog is much like his name implies - dreamy, introspective, and extremely hot. He writes some of the most piercingly beautiful erotic posts that I've ever read; even in a short couple of paragraphs that aren't set in a story, he has a way with words that I find spellbinding. But it's not all dreaminess, there's also some wonderfully dry wit there that ensures that I always stop in when I see a new post. I was lucky enough to spend an hour or so with Dreamer back in January, and I really hope that I get to spend more time talking with him at some point in the future.

Also on my watch list, and also someone that I'm thrilled to see new posts from, is
sabz121. Sabz / Bri (I'm never sure what to call her!) has a wonderful blog that's centered around sex - surprisingly few of the blogs I read are mostly sex-related, so this is a nice change for me - but she really has a knack for getting people talking about a variety of things. I love people who can get others talking and sharing stories, and Sabz manages to create an atmosphere that's perfect for this. Stop in and have a chat sometime!

Someone I've only started reading in the last week is
Fetishlover1975. I don't think it's really fair to say too much about his blog, since it's too early to have a good grasp of things, but I am enjoying it greatly, the same as I am with the comments of his that I see around.

Finally, I'd like to pimp three lovely ladies who aren't around anymore - Tiz_Only_Me, lucy_36C and HollyVanDeFlash. Tiz disappeared one day, but her blog is still up, so I've kept it on my watch list in the hopes that she comes back. Lucy and her blog vanished and were never heard from again, at least not by me, and I'm really hoping she's OK. Holly comes and goes - she's gone at the moment, but she may return, so keep an eye out for her. All of them were / are gorgeous women and unfailingly interesting bloggers who I was always overjoyed to read.

Of course this is just my subjective opinion, and I don't read nearly enough British bloggers. Who do you think I'd enjoy? Any Brits you want to pimp? Do it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment