Sunday 3 April 2011

How To Break A Heart In Three Sentences

[Yes, I know I'm a little crazy. Save it.]

While I was AWOL this time, I spent a bit of time down South, and when we were walking along the beach, I stopped in a fortune-tellers. Yeah, I know most of them are charlatans, but there's always the possibility that you might come across a good one - and I can usually tell the good ones at a glance - and even the bad ones are good for a laugh. As long as you don't give them too much money, of course.

And what I got told (for free! She wouldn't take my money!) was this:

In another land, a man goes through life with an empty heart. He looks for love, but only a prophet can help him. The thing you need most is courage.

I can't say whether the man mentioned here actually exists, or is someone who will come into my life, but she's right about the courage - that's something I've always lacked, and have been trying to learn for so long. I'm no prophet, though.

And because I'm ridiculously soft and fluffy and emotional, my heart breaks a little every time I think of this hypothetical man with the emptiness inside and the need for love and affection. I know what empty feels like, and I don't want anyone to go through that. Not anyone, but especially not someone I could love.

No comments:

Post a Comment