Thursday 7 April 2011

Yay For Vit D!

WARNING: This post contains bikini-clad pictures, although nothing too indecent. Hard to hide breasts this size, though. If you don't want to see, then move it along, cowboy.

I had a glorious day today. I slept from about 8am until 2pm - a solid six hours with few interruptions which, for me, is a luxury. Then I got up at 2 and lay in the garden in a bikini until 5.30, listening to Gyptian and The Script and wondering if I had the ingredients to make strawberry shortcake. (No strawberries - duh.) I answered status updates on the site that lets you make them, and a bunch of messages from work. I can't believe I can take care of my shit and sunbathe at the same time.



I accidentally took this picture when I left the camera app on on the phone, set it down and brushed it with my knee. I can't believe how responsive that thing is. (Almost as responsive as me, LOL. ) It makes me giggle because from this position, my boobs look like they've taken over my whole body, and are about to start conquering the world.

I came back inside and took a bath and washed my hair. I lay down briefly and then got up and spent an hour or so talking on IM to a very wicked man who shall not be named on the grounds that it may incriminate him and me both. I could happily have gone on playing show-me-yours-I'll-show-you-mine until bedtime, which in recent days has been 7am, but sadly he had some actual real things to do today. So I watched Fringe and Grey's Anatomy, for once not being able to concentrate on either because I kept squirming in my seat, wishing that I was wearing panties just so I could take them off again. And laughing. I laughed a lot today, which is something that I haven't done much of in the exhaustion of the last few weeks. Mom kept looking over at me and shaking her head. The one time she commented, she said, "There's nothing funny happening. I may not know the particulars of why you're laughing, but I know the basics from experience." Oops.

I'm trying really hard to take e.e. cummings' advice about saying yes. I've been reading a lot of him lately - actually, a lot of everyone lately (more on that in a different post) - and that poem ("love is a place") still resonates with me the way it did when I first heard it, when I was 12 or 13.

Now I have clean-shaven everything, including legs, and clean fresh sheets, which is one of my favorite feelings in the world. And it's a lovely cool evening, with a breeze coming through the open window, and I have a good romance novel to read.

I was going to make this post into a long one about how I totally suck at compartmentalizing, how something simple like laughing a lot or spending a couple hours in the garden affects every area of my life, but I've lost my taste for it. I'm turned on for the first time in weeks (since the recent problems in Curt's life, actually) and that's a good thing. I feel happy tonight, and that's an even better thing. So that's what's important for now, ja?

No comments:

Post a Comment