Friday 11 July 2008

Falling Asleep...Sorry, Guys

Someone logged onto my msn the other day. Someone called Alex.

So I thought, "Who the fuck is Alex?" (Whoah, 90s flashback there.)

And it turned out to be my friend Zander.

I said, "Huh, your name is Alexander?"

And he said, "Well, yeah - what else would it be?"

And I just sort of sat there blinking for a few minutes.

...I had a really good idea for this post. Well, maybe really good is pushing it, but an idea, anyway. I wrote a lot of it in my head earlier when I was in the bath. It was supposed to be about how we see people and how our views of them aren't always quite in line with reality. And I had some quite good thoughts on the subject too.

The problem is, I went to my brother's house to eat dinner and discuss wedding plans, and wedding stuff always makes me tired. Not to mention the fact that their house is an extremely soporific concoction of shabby-comfy couches, neutral rustic decor, soft lighting and the mixed smells of food and rose incense and flowers and vanilla-scented candles, and half the time I want to curl up in a ball and nap as soon as I walk in the door.

Simply put, I'm barely awake enough to put the right tags for colour and font onto this post, let alone write something worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment