Saturday 2 October 2010

Introduction to Sati


This is my 30-Day Meme. I'll try really hard to remember to post every day.

[I didn't get past day 4. I got stuck on my definition of love.]

Meme Day 1 (October 1st) - Introduce Yourself


Hi. I'm Sati and this is the introduction to my 30-Day Meme. I'm doing this because Ambie told me to, and I love Ambie.


I suppose the basics are 26 / F / UK. U?


I didn't really need to add the "U?", and I rarely speak txtspk, but sometimes I still write that the way I did when I was 14 and first using chatrooms, because it looks like I'm saying, "I'm 26, so f*** you," and that makes me giggle. I'm not sure why, probably because I feel like saying this sometimes. I have to defend my age a lot - half the time people think I'm under 16, and ask me for ID when I'm buying lottery tickets, and the other half they think I'm a 35-year-old soccer mom.

The name I go by is Sati Marie Frost, or sometimes Sati-Marie Frost. My birth certificate reads Sandra Marie Collins Frost, but nobody's ever called me Sandra apart from new teachers on their first day, or my parents when I'm in trouble. It's a conditioned reaction now; every time I hear someone say Sandra I cringe and immediately feel guilty, even when I haven't done anything wrong.


People have always called me Sati or Sandy. I don't mind Sandy, but every time I introduce myself as that, people sing songs from Grease to me, and they always think it's the first time someone's made that joke, so I have to pretend I find it funny. I'm happy to be sung to, but I wish guys would use a little bit of imagination when they do it. Singing Grease songs is not cool. Singing "Born to Run" and putting in "Sandy" instead of "Wendy"...now THAT would be cool.

I don't use the Collins, because double-barrelled surnames are a pain on forms, and if I use it as a middle name people always go, "But Colin's a boy's name!"

I'm adding an Elizabeth to my name, because every woman in my maternal grandmother's line has had Elizabeth as a middle name except me.


I am extremely verbose. In case you don't know what that means, Merriam-Webster online defines it as "given to wordiness". Meaning, I take a lot of words to say things. I could easily make this introduction pages and pages long, but I'll leave that for my next post. And yes, I noticed that I used this introduction to tell you unimportant things about my name instead of important things about my character. Sometimes I'm like that - I kind of sidle up to an issue instead of approaching it head-on. Not often, but now and then.


For more information, feel free to check out my "about me" on my Facebook profile - Sati-Marie Frost - Sandy.


You know, instead of just reading mine you could make your own, ja?




Here's how it supposed to go:


Day 01 - Introduce yourself
Day 02 – Your first love
Day 03 – Your parents
Day 04 – What you ate today
Day 05 – Your definition of love
Day 06 – Your day
Day 07 – Your best friend
Day 08 – A moment
Day 09 – Your beliefs
Day 10 – What you wore today
Day 11 – Your siblings
Day 12 – What’s in your bag
Day 13 – This week
Day 14 – What you wore today
Day 15 – Your dreams
Day 16 – Your first kiss
Day 17 – Your favorite memory
Day 18 – Your favorite birthday
Day 19 – Something you regret
Day 20 – This month
Day 21 – Another moment
Day 22 – Something that upsets you
Day 23 – Something that makes you feel better
Day 24 – Something that makes you cry
Day 25 – A first
Day 26 – Your fears
Day 27 – Your favorite place
Day 28 – Something that you miss
Day 29 – Your aspirations
Day 30 – One last moment

No comments:

Post a Comment